This qualification comprises two units:
Unit 1 Planning a Kettlebell Exercise Session
Unit 2 Instructing a Kettlebell Exercise Session
Successful achievement of both units must be achieved for the full qualification.
Who is it for? What are the employment opportunities?
Fitness instructors aged 16+ who wish to widen their skills by offering kettlebell exercises and sessions Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.
How will I study?
For flexibility this course is offered as a blended learning programme. This entails a combination of home study and one training and assessment day.
- Home study – you will study at home, at times and locations to suit you. As soon as you enrol we will send all your learning manuals/workbooks out to you so you can start straight away. You will have a dedicated Tutor who will contact you and support you through your learning journey.
- Attendance - You will need to attend one training and assessment day.
How am I assessed?
Your assessment will be fully explained in detail to you and you will be fully supported throughout. It will consist of you completing worksheets and being observed by one of our tutors.
How long does it take to complete?
This varies and depends on the commitment and time you can give to the course and course availability.
Fee and payment
£240– Special offer 10% off! £216
A non refundable deposit of 20% is required on enrolment.
Payment Plans available (no credit checks, interest or admin fees)
We accept credit cards, debit cards, Direct debit, Bank transfer
Full payment required before attending for Attendance Days
Please see our terms and conditions for further information.
Age 16 and above
A suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification e.g. Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF)
• Some experience of kettlebell training is useful
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and Learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
When can I start on the course?
You can start right away!
Contact the Enrolment Team for further details
0844 357 5888
Venues across the North West and West Midlands:
Meet the Kettlebell
Developed in the 1700’s in Russia and used by the Soviet Army for training, this cast iron weight is used to perform ballistic exercises that combines CVS, strength and flexibility. They are holistic in their nature working several muscles simultaneously.
In one study, kettlebell enthusiasts performing a 20 minute workout burned on average 13.6 calories/minute equivalent to running a 6 minute mile pace. Used effectively an hour kettlebell workout can burn 1000-1500 calories.