What is it?
This level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (children) course is offered as an ACTIVE IQ qualification which is an internationally recognised qualification and provides entry level to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2 and 20 CPD credits.
There are 6 units to complete;
· Unit 1 – Anatomy and Physiology for exercise
· Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
· Unit 3 – Health, Safety and Welfare in a fitness environment
· Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health
· Unit 5 – Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children
· Unit 6 – Instructing health related exercise and physical activity for children
Successful achievement of all six units must be achieved for the full qualification. if you already hold a Level 2 or level 3 you only need to complete units 5 and 6.
The course will open many doors to employment and offer progression on to roles such as personal trainer. It will provide you with the opportunity to work in gyms, schools, after care clubs, charities, holiday venues as a childrens fitness instructor here in the UK or overseas.
How will I study?
For flexibility this course is offered as a blended learning programme. This entails a combination of home study and training days.
· Home study – you will study at home, at times and locations to suit you. Studying for around 10 hours a week with a total of 60 hours in total means you may complete this course in 6 weeks. However this course is designed to suit your needs and we will discuss this with you and plan your completion date. As soon as you enrol we will send all your learning manuals/workbooks out to you so you can start straight away. For online learning we will send your own unique learner login details. You will have a dedicated Tutor who will contact you and support you through your learning journey.
· Attendance - You will need to attend two training/assessment full days. The first day will involve working in small groups with an experienced Fitness Tutor, where the majority of the time will be spent in a gym environment putting your knowledge into practice. You will also sit your two exam papers. Once this day has been completed you will then attend for your final assessment. You will be provided with a 1-2 hour slot when you will attend for the final time. For this session you will be required to bring the required number of children along. We can also perform your assessment at any venue - please discuss with us
How am I assessed?
Your assessment will be fully explained in detail to you and you will be fully supported throughout. It will consist of you completing worksheets, sitting exams and being observed by one of our tutors.
How long does it take to complete?
The course can be completed in around 6 weeks but you work at your own pace and can take longer.
Fee and payment
£650 – Special offer £585 (£395 if you already hold a Level 2 or 3)
A non refundable deposit of 20% is required on enrolment.
Payment Plans available (no credit checks, interest or admin fees)
We accept credit cards, debit card, Direct debit, Bank transfer
Full payment required before attending for Attendance Days
Please see our terms and conditions for further information.
Must be age 16 or over
No prior qualifications are required though a reasonable level of fitness is.
•• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
•• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
When can I start on the Childrens Fitness instructor course?
You can start right away!
Contact the Enrolment Team for further details P
0844 357 5888
Payment Plan at 7.5% interest
Level 3 Personal trainer
Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuits
Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells
Level 2 Award in Instructing Indoor Cycling
Venues across the North West and West Midlands: