There are 6 units to complete;
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and Physiology for exercise
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Unit 3 – Health, Safety and Welfare in a fitness environment
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Unit 5 – Planning group exercise to music sessions
- Unit 6 – Instructing group exercise to music sessions
Successful achievement of all six units must be achieved for the full qualification
Who is this for? Employment opportunities?
The course will open many doors to employment and is for those wishing to be a studio based instructor or seeking qualification as an exercise to music instructor. It will provide you with the opportunity to work in studios as a fitness instructor here in the UK or overseas. On the course you will learn how to choreograph fitness routines to music allowing you to add creativity to classes. If you are a ZUMBA instructor then this is the course for you to ensure you are fully insured.
How will I study?
For flexibility this course is offered as a blended learning programme. This entails a combination of home study and training days.
- Home study – you will study at home, at times and locations to suit you. Studying for around 10 hours a week with a total of 60 hours in total means you may complete this course in 6 weeks. However this course is designed to suit your needs and we will discuss this with you and plan your completion date. As soon as you enrol we will send all your learning manuals/workbooks out to you so you can start straight away. For online learning we will send your own unique learner login details. You will have a dedicated Tutor who will contact you and support you through your learning journey.
- Attendance - You will need to attend two Training/assessment full days. The first day will involve working in small groups with an experienced Exercise to Music Tutor, where the majority of the time will be spent in a studio environment putting your knowledge into practice. Your second day will involve two multiple choice exam papers and an observed practical assessment of you instructing an ETM class.
How am I assessed?
Your assessment will be fully explained in detail to you and you will be fully supported throughout. It will consist of you completing worksheets, sitting exams and being observed by one of our tutors.
How long does it take to complete?
The course can be completed in around 6-8 weeks but you work at your own pace and can take longer.
Fee and payment
£595 (if you already have a Level 2 Gym the course cost is £395
- A non refundable deposit of 20% is required on enrolment.
- Payment Plans available (no credit checks, admin or interest fees)
- We accept credit cards, Direct debit, Bank transfer
- charge for credit cards and debit cards
- Full payment required before attending for Attendance Days
- Please see our terms and conditions for further information.
Must be age 16 or over
No prior qualifications are required though a reasonable level of fitness is.
•• Some experience of studio-based exercise classes is highly recommended
•• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
•• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
When can I start on the course?
You can start right away!
Contact the Enrolment Team for further details
0844 357 5888
North West and West Midlands