This is our most popular fitness instructor qualification
There are 6 units to complete;
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and Physiology for exercise
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Unit 3 – Health, Safety and Welfare in a fitness environment
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Unit 5 – Planning gym based exercise
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym based exercise
- Successful achievement of all six units must be achieved for the full qualification
The course will open many doors to employment and offer progression on to roles such as personal trainer. It will provide you with the opportunity to work in gyms as a fitness instructor here in the UK or overseas.
How will I study?
For flexibility this course is offered as a blended learning programme. This entails a combination of home study and training days.
- Home study – you will study at home, at times and locations to suit you. Studying for around 10 hours a week with a total of 60 hours in total means you may complete this course in 6 weeks. However this course is designed to suit your needs and we will discuss this with you and plan your completion date. As soon as you enrol we will send all your learning manuals/workbooks out to you so you can start straight away. For online learning we will send your own unique learner login details. You will have a dedicated Ruby Elite Training Tutor who will contact you and support you through your learning journey.
- Attendance - You will need to attend two Training/assessment full days. The first day will involve working in small groups with an experienced Fitness Tutor, where the majority of the time will be spent in a gym environment putting your knowledge into practice. The tutor will perform an observation assessment of you on this day. Your second day will involve you sitting two multiple choice exam papers and having an observed assessment of you instructing a gym based session.
How am I assessed?
Your assessment will be fully explained in detail to you and you will be fully supported throughout. It will consist of you completing worksheets, sitting exams and being observed by one of our tutors.
How long does it take to complete?
The course can be completed in around 6 weeks but you work at your own pace and can take longer.
Fee and payment
A non refundable deposit of 20% is required on enrolment.
Payment Plans available (no credit checks)
We accept credit cards, Direct debit, Bank transfer
charges apply for credit and debit cards
Full payment required before attending for Attendance Days
Please see our terms and conditions for further information.
Must be age 16 or over
No prior qualifications are required though a reasonable level of fitness is. Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
•• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
•• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication
pitched at level 2
When can I start on the gym instructor courses?
You can start right away!
Contact the Ruby Elite Training Enrolment Team for further details
0844 357 5888
PROGRESSION: Once you have completed this course you can then go on to study the following
Level 3 Certificate Personal Trainer
Level 2 Certificate in Exercise to Music (paying only £395)
Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuits
Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells
Level 2 Award in Instructing Indoor Cycling
Across North West and West Midlands